Friday, March 12, 2010

Message personnel

I'm excited -- I've been finding lots of great new music!! But alas, posting about it all must wait.
Til then, I'll post an "old" favourite of mine: 'Message personnel' by Françoise Hardy.



Around this time last year, I started listening to Françoise Hardy and other such artists. It's very strange to think that last year I had not heard about most of the artists I have posted about on this blog... This has certainly been a year of "musical enlightenment". ;)

Anyhow, 'Message personnel' is my favourite Françoise Hardy song! The interesting thing about it is that the first minute and a half is a monologue that leads up to the song. I really love the lyrics! {If you wish to know the basic concept of what she's saying there is a version of her singing it in English here. It's not the same thing as an exact translation, but almost!}

Listen:


{Be forewarned, the sound starts out really quiet and then gets louder as the song progresses.}

4 comments:

  1. What is it about French music; it always sounds so thickly scented with romance and cobblestones and wafting cigarettes. She is a darling. :)

    And I'm so sorry for my absence of comments, dear; I've been reading your blog all this time, I truly have. :)

    Take care, Melee!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! You put it so eloquently, my dear. :)

    Oh, really, that's alright! Please don't feel like you have to comment. :) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Melee, sorry I haven't commented you back, I've been procrastinating and not posting in any of my blogs which is quite silly of me. Did you end up making that new blog you mentioned?

    ReplyDelete

I like comments!
... but they're not mandatory. :)