Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I've Been Lost

I'm not exactly sure what the "Soft Sounds for Gentle People" compilations are or where they came from but I stumbled across them one day on a blog. I don't know what I was originally looking for but I decided to download the whole collection because, well, as far as I can hear, these are fairly-recently made compilations of various, little-known, sunshine pop bands from the 60's and... obscure 60's music is something that is very near and dear to my heart. :)
There are 5 Volumes of the"Soft Sounds for Gentle People" albums and then also three other albums called "He and She", "Mystic Males", and "Sounds of She".
Though I've had them for a while, I haven't gotten around to listening to all of them. So far, my favourite has been the "He and She" album. When I first listened to it though, all the songs started running together in my mind and they all sounded like they were sung by The Mamas and The Papas...
My ears were beginning to feel a bit bored when I heard the song 'I've Been Lost' by Sunny & Phyllis {Practically all the artists on the "He and She" album are "boy's name here & girl's name here"}. My ears instantly perked up and it was an instant favourite!
Though now, I have found many more songs to enjoy on the "He and She" album, my favourite discovery is still "I've Been Lost". It has good vocals, a pretty, plaintive melody and a catchy chorus! And also, it is in a fantastic key for my voice! {It all boils down to that, doesn't it?}

Listen:



I hope everyone is having a great week! Ta-ta for now! :)

3 comments:

  1. well, it sounds like we're an awful lot alike! :) haha, meaning math and science wise, along with being homeschooled and liking fun old finds! I'm so glad you liked what I found :)here's to you finding some for yourself!
    love, Clara

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I knew just what you ment! I think it's from Anne's House of Dreams and Anne of Ingelside. and I will be posting the tutorial soon! :) love, Clara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catchy song. Remember to follow my new wordpress site, and "unfollow" my blogger site (thanks for the comment, too)!

    ReplyDelete

I like comments!
... but they're not mandatory. :)