Thursday, March 22, 2012

Coming Up

Nikki, a sweet new reader of mine, has given me an award! Thank you so much, dear!


Here are some instructions:
1. Nominate 15 others for the award and inform them with a comment on each of their blogs.
2. Create a post for the Versatile Blogger Award.
3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
4. In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
5. In the same post, include this set of rules.

Seven Random Things About Moi:

1. I drink my daily coffee black. Sometimes I'll have cream or sugar, but not often. I like it black. I'm prouder of this fact than I should be.

2. I have library cards for two different libraries, and I'm thinking about getting a third. (I'm not collecting them, no. It's just that even with two library systems at my fingertips, there are still many books I want to read that aren't in either of their collections.)

3. When I was a young girl, I aspired to be just like Madeline (from the books by Ludwig Bemelmans). Mainly, I wanted to be as brave as her. Not sure how well that worked out, but I do attribute my Francophility to those books.

4. Due to the fact I have no life, I read somewhere over 440 books last year. (441 according to my goodreads, but there were some re-reads that weren't entered.)

5. I would rather clean toilets for money than babysit. (I've done both, yes, and I prefer the toilets.)

6. I hate eating in public. I'll eat in restaurants, but at parties or other gatherings - no way. We affectionately call it my "public eating disorder".

7. I often professed a desire towards a medical career as a child, but somewhere in the transition from childhood to teenage-hood, I became one of the most squeamish people ever. (Not squeamish when it comes to cleaning toilets, evidently. :P But if someone starts describing a surgery or something - ugh!)

[I should tag 15 people in this space, but if you haven't noticed, I usually skip that step and say if any of my readers would like to do this on their blog, they are welcome to do so, please!]


To make up for my lacklustre facts, and to make this a music-related post, I am posting one of my favourite music videos: 'Coming Up' by Paul McCartney! I've been listening to a lot of my darling Paulie lately, and I've been meaning to post this video for a long time - so right now feels as good a time as any!

'Coming Up' is from Paul's 1980 album McCartney II. The quirky music video features Paul dressed up as ten different people (including a portrayal of himself circa 1963), and his wife Linda dressed up as two.

And sorry - this song will most likely get stuck in your head...

4 comments:

  1. Hehe. I enjoyed reading your random facts, specially 2, 5, 6.. maybe 7?

    Hello Melee! I'm sorry for being here, I just wanted to say Hi and because I think it's been a while since I talked to you (well, not really but it feels that way) so yeah, hi! Hope you are well <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thank you. :)

      haze, me darling! Don't be sorry - you're more than welcome to come here anytime and leave as many comments as your heart so desires. It does sort of feel like it's been a while, strangely. HI!!! I am very well, and I hope you are too? Hearing from you is, as always, oh-so-marvelous. ♥

      Delete
  2. Aww you're welcome :D

    I love black coffee and the first thing I do each morning is to drink a cup. I, too aspired to be like Madeline and I also have a public eating disorder: sitting, eating a sandwich on a bench in a shopping centre full of people = horrifying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikki! How wonderful! I had no idea you were such a kindred spirit. I'm delighted to hear that you're a fellow black coffee/Madeline loving person who also has a public eating disorder, hehe. xx

      Delete

I like comments!
... but they're not mandatory. :)