Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Hands in the Snow

"And I watch you drink invisible ink... so I won't know when you swallow your words."


I listen a little bit to a band called "Saturday Looks Good to Me" which is a group that technically wasn't supposed to exist.
(Read more here if you care too: http://www.slgtm.com/biography.html)
I have recently realized that I mainly listen to them for one of their vocalists: Betty Marie Barnes. I love her voice for reasons I cannot explain.
Listen to her shine on the SLGtM* track "Hands in the Snow". I've been listening to and marveling at this song constantly for the past week!






*I'm sure you can figure this out. It gets tiresome to write long band names! :P

6 comments:

  1. Oooh her voice is gorgeous. :) And so is your lovely blog. I love it more and more each second. Update soon, m'dear! :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know. I love her so much!
    Hehe, thanks you very muchly! I am so glad you love it. :)
    An update should be coming soon-ish. I'm still trying to choose a song! There's so much to choose from... =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. :) Due to our mutual love for it, I think a post on Les Parapluies de Cherbourg is in order! :D Or I may have to do a musical post, and that would not be a nice sight at all! :P xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh! Good idea!! That's actually how I found your blog. I was randomly clicking on interests in my profile to see who else had similar ones and I clicked on "Les Parapluies..." and your blog was one of the ones that came up. :)
    So, I should definitely do that in the near future! Possibly this weekend cause I'll have more time. :)

    Hehe, I don't think I'm anymore qualified than you are! You should try it sometime, if ye are so inclined! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think because the soloist's voice is a shade darker than most, it includes a richness lacking in high squawking soprano's voices. ;-) For an even deeper female voice, check out the Delgados. You can do a search on youtube to find some of their videos. Unfortunately, that band is no longer together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I think you're right! ;)
    Oh, I'll definitely look them up! I'm always on the look-out for new music. I think a lot of the best bands are broken-up. I guess it's inevitable. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

I like comments!
... but they're not mandatory. :)