Friday, November 6, 2009

Song to the Siren

"Now my foolish boat is leaning, broken lovelorn on your rocks..."


I've noticed that I've been neglecting males on my blog. Unintentionally, I assure you! XD
So today's post will be Tim Buckley's "Song to the Siren".
I first heard this song on the T.V. show "The Monkees". (Don't turn your nose up, it's a great show!) Tim Buckley sang this song at the end of one the episodes, sitting on a car that had been wrecked by Frank Zappa in the previous episode...




This folk-y performance of the song is very different from the way it later, officially appeared on his 1970 album "Star Sailor". I prefer it in this simple and acoustic form!
The version I'm posting isn't the album version nor the one that appeared on The Monkees. It's from a Tim Buckley compilation called "The Dream Belongs to Me - Rare and Unreleased Recordings 1968/1973". It is very similar to the version on The Monkees. :)

Listen:

1 comment:

  1. My dear Melee, thank you so much for your lovely, lovely comment on my blog. I'd a seriously abysmal day and it really helped to brighten it up. It's so appreciated.

    By the way, you have an absolutely gorgeous music taste. I just love it, it's very similar to mine. :) I'm definitely following your blog if you don't mind!

    much love,
    Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete

I like comments!
... but they're not mandatory. :)