Sunday, November 22, 2009

My Musical Spoutings

Often I feel overwhelmed by how much music is out there in the world. Most of it is not worth listening too... but a lot of it is!
Somedays I'll be listening on some site to an artist I like, and I'll see recommendations for other artists. So I'll start clicking around and listening - weeding out who I like, don't like, and kind of like. Until I have at least 10 new artists that I have an interest in and want to learn more about, musically speaking.
This wouldn't be so bad if I didn't do it so often! I have bookmarked links of all these artists I want to listen to. Often I'll just end up listening to a couple of their most popular songs. But I don't just want to know their 'hits'!! Very often there are lesser-known songs which are buried gems!
Another annoying factor is, I don't want to listen to or become attached to a song with horrible/explicit lyrics. And the music I listen to is mostly obscure so I often cannot find the lyrics anywhere!! *pulls out hair*
This plethora of music makes me feel extremely... stressed and... exhausted.

*deep breath* Whew, just needed to let that out. I feel much better and a bit ridiculous for my petty complaints. Such is life. :)
Sorry for my ranting. (Oh! Speaking of ranting, I have another blog! You can read it if you are so inclined... or if you're really, really bored.)

To end on a happier note, here's a random music video I've been watching all week!



{I love KaiserCartel!}

4 comments:

  1. Nice song. And while you may not be able to listen to every great piece of music ever made, or find all of the hidden gems, at least you're actively seeking out great music to listen to. Think of how many people waste their time on crappy music.

    Happy listening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know! I don't understand that at all... everyone is satisfied listening to what everyone else listens to... why??
    I think it's my control freak side that wants to listen to all the great music. I just need to tell her to shut-up! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, I am so lucky to have met you! With each visit to your blog, my music taste grows and grows. :)))

    much love,
    Sarah
    xxx

    do have a delightful Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. also, i've passed on a blog award to you, my lovely. to see the award questions you can fill out in your next post, see my blog. :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

I like comments!
... but they're not mandatory. :)