Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Door into Summer

Next for {some of} my favourite albums, The Door into Summer by Ex Reverie.


I was fascinated by The Door into Summer the first time I heard it. Gillian Chadwick {aka Ex Reverie} describes her music as "glam rock from the year 1066". I would definitely agree she sounds like something out of the Medieval period. {Well, if they had the instruments then that we have now. :P} The lyrics and voice evoke mystic images of a distant era.
In my mind, I have trouble remembering that she actually is living now and this album is not something that we found buried in a ruined castle among rusty knight's armor & swords, ancient texts, and a forgotten king's bones.
Though that thought may somewhat be the fault of all the pictures I see of her....



{I'm pretty sure all these pictures were taken by a fantastic photographer named Courtney Brooke.}


And I made the mistake of, in the writing of this post, reading other's people's intelligent reviews of this album. Now I feel utterly incompetent of writing anything else about it. {I have chided my sorry self for doing this time and time again. Do I listen? Noooo.}
So, I leave you now with a song off this album, 'The Years'.

Listen:



And my birthday is on the 7th... I shall be 17. I am really having trouble believing that. I think I still subconsciously consider myself 13. :)

4 comments:

  1. the photos look magical somehow.
    happy 17th birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do indeed!
    Thank you very much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I figured I'd post closer to your birthday, so Happy Birthday!

    17. That magical age when you can finally go see rated "R" movies by yourself. Yeah. That's about it. Still a fun age, though, even if you prefer PG movies. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, thank you!! :)

    Oh, yeah! Sadly, there are very few R-rated movies I wish to see, haha! I'm content with my PG and unrated black & white movies. ;)
    Though 17 is the age where people start asking you "So, what are you going to do with your life?"
    Since I have no idea whatsoever I'll probably say something smart-alecky like "Oh, I thought I'd go for a life of organized crime."
    Too bad those answers don't always go over well. :P

    ReplyDelete

I like comments!
... but they're not mandatory. :)