Saturday, August 14, 2010

Help Me! Help Me!

For the past 24 hours I have been helping my sister babysit a family {three children, all under 5} while their parents went away for a night. Well, I got there at 4:30 and I thought the parents were coming home at 12 P.M. the next day. Turns out, I had misunderstood and they were coming back at 2 or 3. "Ok," I told myself, "I can do this. No big deal." That was before the parents got stuck in traffic. We were there until 5: 15....
Now, I don't mind babysitting every once in a blue moon, but it's not really my thing. I was beginning to think I would never get to leave! Even my sister, who is a super-babysitter, was going stir crazy.
But it was fun. Really.
...
No, really it was. The kids were sweet and well-behaved. :)

I've also been trying to write a post for about a week now. But I've been vacillating between various song, reaching no resolute conclusion. Then, today, the appropriate song to post hit me: 'Help Me! Help Me!' by Lucy Schwartz. {Haha. Can't imagine why I picked that...}
To be more specific, I am actually posting the music video for 'Help Me! Help Me!' since I think it's quite cute, though not as cute as Lucy Schwartz herself. :)
Lucy Schwartz is a talented, young singer-songwriter who makes pop/folk/jazz music which doesn't sound overproduced. If life were fair, we would be hearing people like her on the radio instead of... well, those artists-of-which-I-do-not-speak.



{You can watch here, if you so desire. Since it gets cut off on blogspot...}

4 comments:

  1. Melee dear, have you heard this song? You probably have, but it's oh so beautiful. <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAcN4V6QZko&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I haven't heard that song! Tori Amos is a name I hear all the time but I have never, to my recollection, listened to her. I'm not sure why!
    But that is a very beautiful song! Thanks for sharing, dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this song. Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome! Glad you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I like comments!
... but they're not mandatory. :)