Friday, August 27, 2010

Wrapped Up in Books

My apologies for my silence as of late. My nose and I have been buried in a stack of books! I have been addicted to finding new books and putting them on hold at the library, especially this past month. Total count read so far: 44! And I still have a stack in my room waiting to be read.{If anyone is interested, I am currently reading The Haunted Bookshop by Christopher Morley and a volume of William Carlos Williams poetry.}
So, I am posting the song 'Wrapped Up in Books' by Belle and Sebastian cause that is exactly what I am right now. {Regrettably, this song is not about a 17 year old girl who compulsively checks out books at the Library Ah, well... :P}


I am not posting this song merely because of the title, I also happen to love it. ;)
Belle and Sebastian are an essential to any indie pop library. In fact, I think they are the first indie pop band I heard of and subsequently listened too. They opened many new musical doors for me!
'Wrapped Up in Books' is off of Belle and Sebastian's 2003 album, Dear Catastrophe Waitress. The carefree, yet wistful, sound of this song seems appropriate to my mood, as I enjoy these last few days of summer freedom before school starts Monday. {*dun dun DUN*}

Listen:



Now, if you'll pardon me, I'm off to lose myself in some distant, literary land. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hope you had a good first day back! Since the library here is closing for a week due to budgetary cuts, I made a point of checking out three books last week, plus I'm still reading The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath (which I've almost finished).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did, thanks!
    Is it good? That sounds very interesting!

    ReplyDelete

I like comments!
... but they're not mandatory. :)