Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Someone Else

I've been feeling too weary/distracted/busy lately to post. {Not to mention, I have had some sort of virus this past week, that brought along a sore throat and chronic tiredness. I'm feeling much better though!}
For some reason, I deemed writing a blog post as "too much effort". So, I've decided to be firm with myself. I've told myself to stop being ridiculous and type out the post that has been rattling around in my head.

I'm posting a song I've been listening to a lot lately and really enjoying, 'Someone Else' by Annie and the Beekeepers.


Annie and the Beekeepers are a country/folk band. Now, I freely admit, I do not like country. But, even though they have songs with strong country sound, they also have a fair number of songs that are just folk. {Their main core of instruments are ones atypical, I believe, of bluegrass but they are played in more of a folky sound.}
Their lead vocalist, Annie Lynch, is an excellent singer - never twangy. {Which is always what I associate with country groups. Rather a gross generalization on my part.}

Listen to 'Someone Else':
{*laughs to self at the humour in that sentence*}




{Talks to self: Now see, that wasn't so hard! And yet you procrastinated writing this for days. *tsktsk*}

4 comments:

  1. Pretty song. And is that a mandolin I hear in the background?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I believe it is! That's one reason I love this song - I don't run across mandolins in music very often. {Apparently, though, mandolins are often found in bluegrass bands. Go figure!}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought banjos were found in bluegrass bands. Mandolins, too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. According to wikipedia the instruments atypical of bluegrass bands are: Fiddle, banjo, acoustic guitar, mandolin, resonator guitar, and upright bass.
    I can only assume this is true since I don't listen to bluegrass. And the only song I can think of with a mandolin in it is Paul McCartney's "Dance Tonight". :)

    ReplyDelete

I like comments!
... but they're not mandatory. :)