Sunday, December 12, 2010

Let Me Go

Here's a noteworthy song I came across the other day while flitting around the internet. 'Let Me Go' by The Chapin Sisters.

The Chapin Sisters consist of real-life sisters Abigail and Lily Chapin. Their half-sister Jessica Craven is also a member but as of 2010 has taken a leave of absence. Apparently their father/stepfather is Tom Chapin. {A fact which might impress me more if I had known who he was. :P} Actually, many of their family members are musicians, so it must run in their blood.

The Chapin Sisters' sound is a mixture of folk, blues, and pop. Their lyrics are somber and full of heartbreak, most of which they caused themselves. And of course, what good is a sister act without gorgeous harmonies? Well, check! They have them.

Ever since I heard this song, I have not been able to stop listening to it... {Ok, well, that might be a slight exaggeration.}



2 comments:

  1. Glad you discovered The Chapin Sisters. They have actually been a duo for a few years now. They are touring in support of their second album TWO. This year they were also part of She & Him's backing band and opened many of their shows as well. They are also 2/3 of a new side project called Beauty Shop (w/Zooey from She & HIm as the other 1/3) that debuts in LA on 12/22. Next year, it looks like they are opening for Rooney & EISLEY in February which should be cool. Love the reason you started this blog and the fact that Kaiser Cartel are featured in your artwork (another group I LOVE). There's so much great music out there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment and all the info! I didn't know all that. {Let's just say, what Wikipedia doesn't know, I don't know. ;)}
    Though I did hear that they were backing She & Him which is totally awesome!

    Oh, yes!! Another Kaiser Cartel fan! They are one of my absolute favourites. They were my artist of the month in January. :)
    There is so much great music out there... I get overwhelmed at times!

    ReplyDelete

I like comments!
... but they're not mandatory. :)