Thursday, December 22, 2011

An Ant & Dec Christmas

As is my wont every year, I've been listening to almost no Christmas music. Actually, yesterday I put on a piano Christmas CD... and switched it out for The Greatest Folksingers of the Sixties shortly afterward. Yet, for some reason I do a token Christmas post every year. No idea why. But I do love this season, after all.

Actually, I have been watching/listening to one holiday themed video. Not because it's seasonally appropriate, but because it makes me grin and I adore the lads it features: Ant & Dec.



Ant & Dec (Anthony McPartlin and Declan Donnelly) are two Geordies who have had a prodigious career together as actors, presenters, entertainers, and even *cough*singers*cough* (as they would say). But above all, they are best mates. They don't seem to be very well known here in the U.S. which is a shame. It was only recently I grew to love them through watching old clips of the "children's" show they used to present, SM:TV Live. (Many thanks to a British blogging friend for introducing me!) Before I started watching SMTV I had only seen them once, to my memory, in Susan Boyle's audition for Britain's Got Talent as that is a show they present. Even then, till I re-watched it, I didn't remember them.

The video I'm posting is from the 2009 Christmas episode of Saturday Night Takeaway, one of their many shows. With British singer Robbie Williams, they perform an festive medley that turns into a battle of choirs. All I can say is, it always makes me smile. These two are simply the best!




I wish a very joyous, blessed Christmas to everyone reading! And even to those of you who aren't reading. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Ohh gosh how am i just seeing this now?! You are a woman obsessed! Haha O_O. The whole US nation should most definetly appreciate the wonder that is Ant and Dec.

    (i have a sneaking suspicion it may only be people with a slightly childish sense of humour who 'get' it though as i've shown american pals before and they think im nuts hehe.)

    ps watch a show called Horrible Histories on youtube if you can (here's the link hehe- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2kyNbZc7oc) it's HILARIOUS! It's a kids show about history but they do silly raps etc, basically it's incredible. Watch it! Watch it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am, I am! I haven't been this infatuated with something since I got hit by Beatlemania, and that was years ago. You've created a monster, Tilly. ;)

      Haha, though I generally have a refined sense of humour, I fear you may be (at least partially) right. But on the other hand, I think one thing that makes it lovable is you can tell they had such fun making SMTV, and their joy is infectious!
      Maybe if your friends had kept watching they would have started liking it, as it grew on me! Even the sketches I was less crazy about, I love now. (Except the couple that rotate solely around flatulence as a form of humour, of course. :P)

      GAH! Now I've just spent the last I don't know how many minutes watching Horrible Histories! It's great, haha! I'm all for being educated whilst being amused at the same time. =D

      Delete

I like comments!
... but they're not mandatory. :)