Monday, February 22, 2010

March Forth

Here is my promised post about last month's "Artist of the Month": KaiserCartel.
KaiserCartel has quickly grown to be one of my favourite artists. A few months ago, I bought their debut album, March Forth which I have been enjoying extensively! Sure, it has a couple of tracks which I don't care for as much, but they're still pleasurable!
I love Courtney Kaiser's clear, lovely vocals. Benjamin Cartel's voice is so pleasant and different from other indie guys who all start sounding the same after a while... it's weird. Anyhow, I digress.
I was going to do an album review of sorts, but I got so distracted listening to it that I didn't want to write about it!
So I made this video with pictures of Benjamin and Courtney put to clips of 5 of my favourite songs off of March Forth.


{I'm a little nervous: I've never posted a video before... and this is not the best video I've ever made. So, here goes nothing! :)}




{Read more here about how Benjamin and Courtney met and how KaiserCartel was formed!}

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your love! We really love your blog. Ever since I got the google alert that you picked us as Artist of the month, I check it out. You have introduced me to so many great bands! You did a great job with the video too! You should do more!

    Can't wait for you to hear the new record 'Secret Transit' which is either out in mid May or June:) We are funding the record via our fans by having people purchase the record early and other things they like. Check it out, and thank you again so much for your support of our music and of all the other bands you write about in the world.
    www.pledgemusic.com/projects/267
    Love, Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these guys (and NICE video you)! very cool to see all those photos. cool too to see that they read your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... I'm not sure my heartbeat is back to normal! Thank you so much!! I am so excited for the new record, I love you all's music... but I guess you already knew that. :) And I pledged today! I wanted to support you both. Keep up the awesome work!

    Thanks {Anonymous}! Yeah, it's totally cool... I just had no idea! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you sell yourself short; that was a great video (much better than I could do).

    Also, this post proves that you never know who is reading your blog, or who the people reading your blog will become. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Thanks! You are very kind to say so. It is certainly better than my first effort at making a video. =D

    Quite right! Maybe someday when your writing is famous I'll be able to say "He used to read my blog!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Used to"? What makes you think I'll stop reading your blog after I become famous? :-) Just make sure that you introduce yourself when you come to my book signings. :-D

    ReplyDelete

I like comments!
... but they're not mandatory. :)