Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Song

I love Easter! As a child it was one of my favourite days. I always could smell and feel something so beautiful in the air that only came on Easter. I don't think it was the chocolate or the egg hunt that filled me with such joy. But rather the hope and joy because Jesus has risen again!

'Easter Song' by 2nd Chapter of Acts sums up my feelings pretty well! My favourite version of the song is the version they did on their live album with Phil Keaggy, How the West Was One.
I am posting this song as a video because it was the only way I had to combine Annie Herring's intro for the song with the song itself {because they're different tracks on the CD}.
The video only has one picture the whole time, sorry. I decided to do this last minute. :)
{EDIT: The video is not loading for me at the moment. I am terribly sorry if it does not load for you either. *sigh*}




Hear the bells ringing
They're singing that you can be born again
Hear the bells ringing
They're singing
Christ is risen from the dead

The angel up on the tombstone
Said He has risen, just as He said
Quickly now, go tell his disciples
That Jesus Christ is no longer dead

Joy to the world,
He is risen, hallelujah!
He's risen, hallelujah!
He's risen, hallelujah!

---------------------------

Happy Easter everyone! I hope it is filled with joy. :)

7 comments:

  1. Video loaded for me, so no worries. Hope you had a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good! It's working for me now. I think my Adobe was having some issues.
    Thanks, I did! I hope you did too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My nieces did, which means that I did, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quick question (and you can delete this comment after answering it, if you wish): how does one make a video off of a CD track? I'm trying to include two tracks on one of my posts, but they're in iTunes format, and I can't figure out how to do with them what you did with the above video.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, nieces! How fun! I want so badly to be an aunt but... none of my siblings are really old enough. Hehe.

    Okay, here's what I do when I make a video like the one on this post. First I change my songs which are in itunes format (mp4) to mp3. To convert them I use the site zamzar.com or I burn them onto a CD and load them into my Windows Media Player. Then I use my Windows Movie Maker to make the video. Does that answer your question? If not, feel free to ask more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the info. Next question: how do I embed a video file (or a music file, for that matter) in a blog?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, on a new blog post, next to the "Add Photo" button there is an "Add Video" button and I think it's pretty obvious what to do from there.
    And as for music files, I'm not sure you can do it without using another program... So, I use divshare.com. I just load on the mp3 I want and it'll give me an embed option and I just copy and paste it into the HTML tab on a new blog post!
    If any of that is not clear, feel free to ask more questions. I really don't mind. :)

    ReplyDelete

I like comments!
... but they're not mandatory. :)