Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunshine

We just got back from visiting some old family friends. Actually, the main purpose of the trip was so my siblings could go to a concert. Since I didn't want to go to the concert, I spent most of my time playing our friends' piano and ravaging their record collection!
I brought home a stack of records to convert onto CD, some for myself and some for our friends.
I had a lot of fun! Nothing excites me more than new music. I found quite a few Billy Joel albums, some hard{ish} to find Beatles' albums, a Carpenters album I didn't have, and a Spike Jones album! {my grandfather's influence! :P} Also some others, but those I just mentioned were the highlights. {AKA the ones I can remember at the moment. ;)}

Anyhow, for the artist of the month I have chosen Smoke Fairies.



They have been my favourite musical discovery as of late. These girls create beautiful, smoky blues-folk music, with an icy center. {That's a good thing!}
I found Smoke Fairies by chance. I was scrolling through a list of various bands and I saw them and I thought "Smoke Fairies... that sounds like something I would like!"
Needless to say, I did! And I probably wouldn't have clicked on them if they had called themselves something else. Which makes me wonder how many great artists I'm missing just because I don't like their name or album covers... :P

Listen to one of their songs 'Sunshine':




Well, that's all for now! If you'll excuse me, I have some records to transfer! ;)

2 comments:

I like comments!
... but they're not mandatory. :)