Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Calico Skies

Well, I wanted to post another Christmas song. But the song's file won't cooperate (It's a long story). I shall try to coax it into submission later but until then I shall post something else.

Tonight I was washing dishes. I love washing dishes. There is something so therapeutic about the warm water and suds and... making dirty things clean. Tonight my mum called me her 'dish fairy'. :)
I also love to sing while washing the dishes. And one of my favourite songs to sing while doing the dishes is a song called 'Calico Skies' by Paul McCartney. So, as I was washing the dishes tonight, I was inspired to do this post about 'Calico Skies'.



'Calico Skies' is a love song/60's protest song against war. But I think Paul mainly wrote this song for his wife, Linda. {Pictured above} For those who don't know Paul and Linda were married for 29 years until Linda died. They are my favourite famous couple ever, their story is really sweet in a world full of divorce.
This song was on his album "Flaming Pie" which was released in 1997. One year before Linda died of breast cancer. For me that makes the last sentence in this song more poignant: "I'll love you... for the rest of my life."

Listen:



{Paul and Linda in '97}







Now here is my advice to all stressed people, go wash dishes -- it soothes the soul. :)

4 comments:

  1. oh I love Tchaikovsky's ballets so much, every time I here his music I'm taken far away... and this is a beautiful love story my dear.
    love, Clara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great album. I also like this song, though "Beautiful Night" is probably my favorite song on Flaming Pie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Night is a good one as well! Do you listen to a lot of Paul McCartney? I admit, I'm a big fan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dearest, I am sorry I have been absent for so long! :) The stresses of life have been slightly overwhelming, but I am back now for the holiday.

    Thank you so much for your wonderful recommendation of 'The Blue Castle' by L.M. Montgomery. I bought a second-hand copy and am falling in love with it. It is just so relatable and true. <3

    do have a lovely christmastime, my dear.

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I like comments!
... but they're not mandatory. :)