Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Dark Waltz

"I'll keep you company in one glorious harmony, waltzing with destiny forever."


I remembered today how much I love Hayley Westenra's first {internationally released} album, 'Pure'.
I like her more recent albums... but 'Pure' is my favourite. This album was released in 2003 when she was only 16 years old! It has a nice mixture of classical and pop... and even a song in Māori! (The language of the indigenous population of New Zealand, where Hayley is from.)


Listen to "Dark Waltz", one of my favourite tracks off the album:


6 comments:

  1. Very pretty music! How did you come across this singer? Certainly one whose albums I will keep my eye out for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a while, she was with a group I love called "Celtic Woman". (If you've ever watched PBS during pledge week, then you've probably seen them. XD) So that's how I learned about her. She's is pretty fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only 16? What talent. :) Simply beautiful, Melee.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My uncle is addicted to Celtic Women. Is that the group you are talking about?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, I'm wrong: it is Celtic Woman, not Celtic Women. This is why one shouldn't write comments to blogs late at night. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, that's ok. Celtic WomEn really makes more sense. Since there's more than one. =D
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's the same group. :)

    ReplyDelete

I like comments!
... but they're not mandatory. :)