Friday, December 4, 2009

Falling Slowly

I've known the song 'Falling Slowly' by Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová for a couple months now. But it was only very recently that I realized how amazing it is!
This song was first on the album they made together The Swell Season. (The Swell Season is now the artist name they record under.)
I found out that 'Falling Slowly' was also in the film they both starred in, Once. So I began listening to the film's soundtrack which is incredible. Most of the soundtrack's songs are written by Glen and Markéta. (Separately and together) I haven't actually seen the movie, but I hope to someday...

Here's the song accompanied with clips from the movie:




I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend! :)


-EDIT- I thought it might be fun to have an artist of the month! It would just be whatever artist has particularly been tickling my fancy. It could be someone I've posted about before or not.
This month's is going to be The Swell Season! (The box is located on the left, right under my explanation. I'm sure you've already seen it. :P)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful song. I have a new source for music, and her name is Melee. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! That brought a humongous smile to my face! In fact... the smile won't go away. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man I LOVE THIS SONG! and I never knew who or what it was from lol! thanks for posting this. I actually heard more of the album at a Halloween party last year and the host told me the name but I quickly forgot again.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments!
... but they're not mandatory. :)