Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Heaven Came to Earth

Merry Christmas everyone!! I hope all have a blessed, and happy week!

I've been enjoying 'Heaven Came to Earth' by 2nd Chapter of Acts. The lyrics are a good reminder of why we really celebrate Christmas (Though it is not strictly a Christmas song).

Listen:


Heaven came to earth in a small package
For a child was born, a gift to man
Yes the living light came to the darkness
Wore the harness of mankind

Laid His body down to be sin for us
Gave His earthly crown so we could be kings
Yes, He came to break the yoke of darkness
That would harness all mankind

This morning star of love still shines (and shines)

We buried Him within our sin but He rose again

Gave His heart away so we could find Him
Changed our night to day so we'd live in light
Tore the veil between the light and darkness
Broke the harness for mankind

This morning star of love still shines (and shines)
We buried Him within our sin but He rose again

Let our hearts rejoice in Christ our Savior
Let us come before His throne with praise
Let us pray for peace so we'll break the darkness
Melt the hardness of mankind



[Oh, and we got over a foot of snow!! I am so amazed... =D]

3 comments:

  1. Congradulations on getting a part in Emma! what part are you playing? I really am loving the story, and yes Mr. Knightly is wonderful... oh goodness, I am not quite finished with it but it's so much fun. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! it's so good to be reminded of it's true meaning.
    love,
    Clara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm a little behind in my comments, but I hope you had a good Christmas. I had myself a "Jewish Christmas" (i.e. I went to the movies).

    Anyway, though the lyrics are pretty good for this song, I felt the melody was nothing special, and the harmonizing could have been more beautiful (think Vienna Boys Choir). As for the real meaning of Christmas, I think How the Grinch Stole Christmas says it all, and speaks to the universality of the feelings that Christmas encapsulates, as opposed to its religious side (which, of course, is important for Christians). Oh, and I'm referring to the original cartoon version, not the Jim Carrey remake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's definitely nowhere near being their best song. I just like the lyrics, really. :)
    Well, I guess that could be considered the real meaning of Christmas... But coming from a Christian viewpoint, I respectfully disagree.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments!
... but they're not mandatory. :)