Tuesday, January 26, 2010

French Navy

And last, but not least, for my favourite songs of 2009: 'French Navy' by Camera Obscura.


It is possible that I saved this song for last on purpose... but I am not denying or confirming any rumours at this time. :)
I am not as familiar with the works of Camera Obscura as I would like to be. The few songs I know by them I quite like! The main singer and songwriter, Tracyanne Campbell, seems to mix disconsolate lyrics with lovely and infectious melodies in the best way possible.

As it is with most of my favourite songs, 'French Navy' didn't strike me at first. Or so I thought... It was one of those songs I found myself randomly wanting to listen to constantly. And... well, now it is one of my favourite songs, period.

Listen:



That wraps it up for my favourite songs of 2009! I think it was a pretty good year. =D

2 comments:

  1. What a great song! I've enjoyed listening to all of your choices. And who knows? Maybe some of my future CD purchases will be influenced by your musical absurdities. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! If I have influenced even one person's musical tastes I will consider this blog a success. :)

    ReplyDelete

I like comments!
... but they're not mandatory. :)