Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Shadows

Don't worry, I'm not dead -- just very busy! :)
I think this week is not going to be as busy, so I can now post my 5 favourite songs of 2009!

I had some trouble narrowing it down... and I also had a problem because I would pick a song that I thought was from 2009... but then it would be from 2008 or 2007...
{I don't know what's wrong with my brain these days!!}
But, I got all that sorted out {I think}. Hehe.

First off, I shall post 'Shadows' by Au Revoir Simone. {These are going to be in no particular order}


Au Revoir Simone is one of my absolute favourite groups! These three girls make captivating, gorgeous music. My thoughts are too futile to describe fully why I love them. *sigh*

'Shadows' is one of my favourite songs off their newest album Still Night, Still Light.
It's a great album! There are a lot more instrumental bits, which is cool. I never knew that so much could be done with just a few keyboards, a drum machine, and an occasional bass-line!
Their vocals and lyrics are superb as well. :)

Listen to 'Shadows':




{By the way, I've decided to stop linking to the song's download unless it's a song that's hard to find.}

4 comments:

  1. Melee, seeing as your whimsical side is absolutely glorious, I am very glad to have brought it out. Your comment was so, so touching, I can identify with it so much. <3 I do adore your comment. And I am very, very sorry not to have kept up with your blog lately; your latest posts really do deserve more attention, and you, being lovely, have been following my blog so sweetly. Thank you so much, you are so dear to me, and I do promise to try and catch up with comments, it's just things have been so hectic! :D

    Do take care, my lovely...

    sarah
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Sarah!! I really appreciate that. One thing I've loved about finding blogs like yours is realizing that there are other people who dream like I do, I forget that a lot in my everyday reality.
    Don't worry about it! I understand how busy life gets. :)
    I hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm glad you linked to this song. It is so beautiful, I almost dozed off while listening to it! When I get a little more cash (I mean, when I get cash), I'll see if I can track down some of their CDs around here.

    Looking forward to seeing what your other four picks are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you like it!!
    I'd recommend it, I really love their music.
    Money -- one of the necessary evils of life. :P

    ReplyDelete

I like comments!
... but they're not mandatory. :)