Sunday, January 3, 2010

Our Own Pretty Ways

It's 2010 now! How weird is that? It still feels like 2005 to me...
Anyway, I've been really busy lately and school starts tomorrow so I don't know how much blogging time I'll have.
But, I'll try to make time because I want to post my 5 favourite songs from 2009!

Until then, here's a group called First Aid Kit that I've had bookmarked in my "artists to listen to" for a while, but I didn't actually listen to them til New Year's Eve and I think they're pretty fantastic!
The group is made up of two sisters from Stockholm: Klara and Johanna Söderberg.

Here is a video of them performing one of their songs "Our Own Pretty Ways" in some woods near their home:



{Siblings do the best harmony!}

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, the harmonies are really good on this song. My Swedish half approves! Not sure if my sister and I would harmonize well, despite what you say about siblings and harmonies, but I did accompany her on clarinet (and her teacher on piano) during one of her voice recitals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You play the clarinet! That's cool! I always wanted to learn how to play a woodwind instrument.
    Hehe, well... I don't know how well I'd harmonize with my siblings either.
    Actually, me and my littler brother sometimes do for fun but we don't sound like what I'd call pretty! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi this is a cool blog! I like how they start off with a little fleet foxes in the begining lol. Very pretty song. I enjoyed the clip. They remind me of Brandi Carlile x 2 a little

    ReplyDelete

I like comments!
... but they're not mandatory. :)